Friday, May 29, 2009

Are we really focusing on the Christ?

Recently received the following reply to my previous few blogs in this section: “This has been an excellent series of blogs from you and I agree with you entirely. For a start we must analyse the word CHRISTIAN and the first part of the word says it all. CHRIST IS AND ALWAYS SHOULD BE WHAT THE CHURCH IS ALL ABOUT. Again I agree that we must focus on the sacrifice Jesus made for us when we were completely unworthy of this sacrifice and try in every way to make our lives so that we can get closer to being the people Jesus wanted us to be.
I am not ashamed to admit that when I read about the sacrifice He made for us it brings tears to my eyes because I see the wickedness in the world and it makes me sad to think that this most perfect of all beings died for us and we still turn our backs on Him.”
As stated in my previous blogs, I struggle with the concept that people can call themselves Christians, yet don’t follow his teachings nor believe in Christ as Lord and saviour!
So this blog is asking, what is your focus in regard to Jesus Christ?
Yes, “What image do you get when you hear the word Christ?” Is it just of a good man by the name of Jesus who some call the Christ? Or is it of God’s Christ or Messiah? Messiah, by the way is the original Hebrew word translated as Christ in Greek, for the long promised Saviour from God!
So again in closing whom or what are you focusing on when you hear the word “Christ”? Just another man? Or the Son of God and Lord and saviour, who came and died in your and my Place as the perfect sacrifice for our Sins? And who because of, are now assured of eternal life in Him In God’s Kingdom, even after physical death?
Your thoughts please?

No comments:

Post a Comment