Thursday, May 7, 2009

The 100% God.

There is an add on the TV at the moment for some photographic equipment. (Cannon I think?) In the Add someone takes a picture of something that appealed to them and then someone else was to focus on something within that picture and then go out and take a picture of that thing and then someone else in turn would repeat the process and so on and so on.
I have never done that intentionally but am often surprised by how something I have seen or experienced, and later talked about in my blogs, have inspired others to take a thought or line from them and come up with something else also inspirational.
The latest concerns a thought from my recent blog om My multiple Musings site, “Only One piece missing”, where I mentioned that although we had 99.9% of the required equipment needed, we couldn’t use it because it was the missing bit that made it work, and thus without the full 100%, the system was useless to us.
In reply to that blog, I received the following reply from a missionary translator in the Philippines: “Hi Walter: Your message sparked some thoughts to share with you……
How comforting to know that God always knows where all His stuff is, and so He always has everything 100% covered. I’ve been working on preparing our translation of Revelation for consultant checking, and one of the verses really stood out to me (actually many did, but here’s one for now ). Rev 20:7-9 especially last half of v9. Jesus has it 100% covered, no matter what Satan and the peoples of the world muster to throw against Him. I bet He won’t even raise a sweat taking care of that huge rebellion (just like He didn’t when Lucifer originally rebelled). Our devotion yesterday morning pointed out that the battle between good and evil isn’t like it’s portrayed in Star Wars (and so many other films/books) with god and evil roughly matched. But God has got it 100% under control. As Luther wrote ‘one little word will fell him (Satan)’,
In Him, the 100% God: *****
So my thoughts now are, where does this article about the 100% God lead your thinking now?

No comments:

Post a Comment