Sunday, May 29, 2011

Not how many Bibles, but …

My son was around the other night and wanted some specific biblical information about a certain subject. Information that I didn’t have off the top of my head, but believed I had written down earlier and placed in one of my bibles.
So I started looking for it and upon having no success, said, it wasn’t in that Bible. Well by the time I had said that for the third time, he piped in, with, “How many Bibles do you have?”
Well!!! The actual answer to that question is a little hard to answer as one bible has 3 separate versions in the one Book. But with different bibles and versions in separate books, I have at least 9.
That then led me to this thought: “It is not a matter of how, many bibles one has, but rather a matter of how often one looks at any of them?”
Yes, you can have one or a hundred Bibles, but if you never look into them or open them, then you have, for all intents and purposes, no Bible at all. Yes, a closed Bible is no different from not having even one.
Although I do truly believe that the best book of all is the Bible, and even if that was the only book you had, you would not need any other! However true as that is, it is only true if you actually open and read it with an open mind and Heart.
Will you do that now? Yes open a Bible and reads it with an open heart and mind? Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment