Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Further reflection on Trinity Analogy

Well I have had a few replies to my Analogy of the Trinity and some time to reflect upon them; and all I can say is that it is impossible in Human terms to describe the Trinity and Alister McGrath was right when he said, “That this is something we can't comprehend this side of Eternity.”

Again, whilst My Hammer analogy veers a little towards Modalism, as do most other illustrations, I still think it helps us to realize that although the individual “persons” of the Trinity have unique aspects, they are still the one substance.
Of course and again the Hammer is only an analogy , being both man made, and thus it is necessary for someone to wield it. But again, it was/is, simply to show the working unity of the one God-Head.
An egg has also been used to describe the Trinity, however to get the use of the individual parts of the egg, you have to break it and then lose the “Oneness” of the egg forever.
Anyway the Hammer is my thoughts on the matter currently; use it or don’t use it as you see fit. Thanks again to all those who took the time and trouble to reply. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment